CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

About Me

My photo
I am mom to three little blessings on earth - Cale, Addy, & Cash. Pre-kiddos, I was a Special Education teacher, but now I spend my days at home with my little ones. I hope to use this site as a journal- to document the day to day stuff we experience on this wild ride we call life :). I look forward to learning, sharing, reflecting, and GROWING. So pull up a chair and visit a while. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I'd love to check out your blog as well. Let the blogging begin :)! Ready or not...here I go :)!

Monday, August 25, 2008

Workin' For a Living...





or at least for his FOCUS project. Cale applied for a job as a Car Cleaner for his FOCUS class. Everyday after school he is to straighten the backseat of our car, get out any sippy cups, and give it a general "sprucing up" :). Once a week he is to vacuum. We are to keep a time sheet, and each Friday Cale gets paid in their virtual "class currency". This money is then used to teach balancing a checkbook (Yep, you read that correctly-lol- the FOCUS teacher may be in for more teaching than he expects :)...). In December, the class will have an auction and get to spend their savings. Sounds like Cale is in for a lot of learning :)!

3 comments:

L said...

Hi! I love looking at the pictures of your three blessings. They're adorable.

I found your blog as I was waiting for my blogger page to load under 'recently updated blogs'.

-Layli
http://dreamcatcherworkshop.blogspot.com/

Talia said...

now, that's a great idea! Such a great lesson. not to mention, you get to have a nice clean car! Hmmm, can I "hire" him too?? :)

Jamie Lott said...

Oh I love this. Reminds me of one of Braden's: Basanga = Lasanga ;)

~ Jamie